Contacting College Admissions Offices With Questions

I’ve been working in Higher Ed for more than 10 years, and I still spend a lot of time contacting college admissions offices with questions.  If you are a prospective college student or parent, please don’t feel like you have to know everything about the college admissions process.  Often, not always, a specific admission counselor will be assigned to your high school, and admission counselors can help you navigate the college admissions process. 

As I review college scholarship pages online, I often find that I need more information about the eligibility criteria for the various scholarships that are available.  When I get to that point, I pick up the phone and call college admissions offices for clarification.  Inevitably, I learn something new.  So students, and parents, please don’t hesitate to contact college admissions offices with your questions. 

If you would like to familiarize yourself with some general information regarding college planning, including the college admissions process, I would recommend that you check out ICAN’s College Planning Tips from The Resource Zone:






Troy - ICAN Ankeny & Des Moines Centers