Giving Thanks to Those That Help You Succeed

Have you thanked a teacher or school counselor yet this year for all they do? With Thanksgiving around the corner, I tend to reflect back on the things I am most grateful for. I feel very blessed to have had so many great mentors in my life.

My Mom is one of my biggest inspirations and supporters. She is a wonderful 5th grade teacher who works tirelessly to find fun and new ways to educate her students. She has inspired so many students along the way. I have been blessed to have some really great teachers that have helped shape me into who I am today. Looking back, I don’t think our school counselors or teachers always get the recognition that they deserve.

Being a daughter of educators, I have seen first-hand all of the hard work that goes into educating our students. It is a non-stop job. Teachers and school counselors worry about their students as they do their own kids.

With the holidays around the corner, it is easy to get wrapped into the busyness of life. Make sure to take some time out of your busy day to thank a school counselor or teacher for all they do! We are so fortunate to have so many great educators that we get to work with day in and day out here at ICAN. To all of the school counselors and teachers out there, we THANK YOU for all you have done and continue to do for your students!

"There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life." -Mary Rose McGeady


Meghan - ICAN Hiawatha Center